Monday 31 October 2011

A Death Refusal

The glinting shadow winked at the brazen pearly gate,
a flippant reply to a not-so-friendly jest.
“Are you kidding me, I was BORN to be free!
 I have yet to complete my fate!”

The doors creaked open
with a heavy-laden groan
That speaks of old wood
And deep-rooted men

A bright ray shone through the cracks of the door
Blinding and fierce, a force of its own
It is so sure and so certain
Like a lighthouse, or a siren

The glinting shadow winked once more
and kept both eyes shut for good,
squeezing them shut with the vigor of a child.
It fluttered like a sheet in the wind
whipping to and fro-

The glinting shadow turned its back
To breathe the frigid air
It plunged back into the atmosphere
To return unto its lair

A shallow breathe escapes from a sick man’s lips
There is a rattle in his chest
I do believe he’s found his way
To those who love him best

No comments:

Post a Comment